Sponsorship and Advertising Opportunities
Celebrating its 19th edition, the Fantasia International Film Festival returns to Concordia’s Hall theatre from July 16th to August 4th, 2015. Since its first edition in 1996, the festival’s ever-growing popularity has attracted the attention of the international film industry, alongside a legion of attendees from across the world. Over 129,000 festival-goers, mostly aged between 18 and 39 years old, attended Fantasia in 2014, and the festival has attracted over 1.5 million spectators during its lifespan, establishing Fantasia as an event with long-term benefits for films both big and small.
Every facet of the filmmaking chain is increasingly represented with in-person delegates at the festival — directors, actors, producers, studio representatives, distributors and festival programmers, who get to experience the legendarily enthusiastic, taste-making audience of Fantasia. While already widely considered to be one of the largest and most influential fantastic film festivals in the world, Fantasia looks forward to expanding on its achievements with more visiting filmmakers, industry attendees, global media impact, original critical writing through a monthly web magazine, and the introduction of a film market that will enable independent media artists to exchange ideas and to connect with patrons and audiences alike.
Fantasia 2014 at a Glance
- More than 129,000 film goers in 2014, 16% of them tourists and visitors
- Top 50 Film Festivals Worth the Entry Fee 2014 - MovieMaker Magazine
- 32 countries, 216 paying screenings — including 160 international feature films (84 % presented in premiere), 300 short films, more than 60 sold-out screenings, 5 outdoor screenings and 9 conferences
- Noteworthy premieres such as 1987 (Ricardo Trogi), Boyhood (Richard Linklater), Frank (Lenny Abrahamson), Guardians of the Galaxy (James Gunn), Into the Storm (Steven Quale), The Green Inferno (Eli Roth), Welcome to New York (Abel Ferrara) and Zero Theorem (Terry Gilliam)
- 32 sponsors and partners, 13 media sponsors and 200 advertisers
- Our outdoor screenings attracted more than 20,000 viewers
- 400 industry accreditations
- A significant increase in international press coverage (more than 1600 articles in 2014, vs. 1000 in 2013)
- Advertising exchanges with 36 other international film festivals
- 270 filmmakers from around the globe
- The participation of the Consulates General of both Japan and the Republic of Korea, as well as the High Commissioner of Brunei Darussalam in Ottawa
Board of Directors
Fantasia international film festival’s board of directors is comprised of the following eleven members:
Associate at Miller Thompson
President and founder of Fantasia
former leader of the Bloc Quebécois national political party
Associate at Fasken Martineau
Associate at Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton
Co-General Director of Fantasia
Vice-President, Finance, Administration and Legal Affairs of Fantasia
Cultural manager and former President of SODEC
Former Vice-President of Public and Corporate Affairs for the Just For Laughs Group
Filmmaker and screenwriter
President and Producer at Go Films
In 2015, the Fantasia international film festival will be presented mainly at Concordia University (Hall, J.A. De Sève and D.B. Clarke theatres).
Since the beginning of our partnership in 2003, Concordia University has already invested more than two million dollars to ensure projections of a unmatched quality in Montreal. We also organize indoor screenings at the Cinémathèque Québécoise
Fantasia on MAtv
For its 18th edition, MAtv has offered Fantasia an hour-long cultural talk show recorded and broadcast twice weekly. The six episodes, hosted by Catherine Pogonat, assisted by reporters Manon Dumais, Helen Faradji, Frederic Corbet and Catherine, were viewed by an average of 200,000 viewers per episode.
This show covered the whole array of the festival’s activities and programming, presenting to the audience the films, the guests and Fantasia’s key programmers and organisers. Columnists/ reporter offered film critiques, reports in the field and in-depth interviews with many local and international filmmakers and actors.￼
2014 Special Events
The Fantasia film festival offers an unprecedented promotional opportunity for reaching loyal, enthusiastic, educated adult consumers. This powerful and unique opportunity guarantees high visibility, not only among Fantasia’s large and sought-after audience but also through a targeted provincial and national advertising campaign.
- Logo placement on the cover of our program guides on sale across the province, notably through SuperClub Vidéotron and HMV
- Advertisements strategically placed in our program guide
- Your ad on our free complimentary DVD included with each program guide
- Commercials on our big screens before selected films
- Logo placement on our poster advertising campaign across downtown Montreal
- Visibility and links on our Web site
- VIP passes and tickets to Fantasia for your clients and/or employees
- Your logo on our eye-catching, full-colour banner, located in the centre of downtown Montreal
- The possibility of realizing promotional activities during the event.
In addition to the opportunity to sponsor the festival as a whole, it is possible to sponsor awards and special events, or even become the official presenter of one of the programming sections of the festival. For more information, please refer to our corporate brochure, a downloadable PDF (5.8 MB).
For more information
Fantasia International Film Festival
3450 St-Denis, suite 307
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Tel. : (514) 876-1760