Sponsorship and Advertising Opportunities
For its 21st edition, the Fantasia International Film Festival returns to Concordia University’s SGWU Alumni Auditorium from July 13 to August 3, 2017. Since its inception in 1996, Fantasia has come to be regarded as the largest and most influential festival of its kind in North America, a major gateway to the international genre cinema scene, and one of Canada’s most active film-related events. Fantasia is a festival of genre films from Asia, Europe, the Americas and beyond. In this respect, Fantasia, the festival is particularly focused on genres that attract film fans in the 18-39 age bracket, including action films, martial arts, fantasy, science fiction, thrillers, comedies, alternative documentaries and films that defy classification. Fantasia thus offers an amazingly diverse cinematic selection, the majority of the films being presented in world, international, North American or Canadian premiere.
The festival’s steady growth is reflected in the legion of fans returning again each year, as well as the increasing attention of the international film industry, making the festival an important cultural and commercial destination on the film-festival circuit. Every facet of the filmmaking chain is increasingly represented with in-person delegates at the festival — directors, actors, producers, studio representatives, distributors and festival programmers, who get to experience the legendarily enthusiastic, taste-making audience of Fantasia.
Fantasia is widely known for the enthusiasm and spirited revelry of its audiences during the 20-plus days of the festival each year. Passionate and engaged, our audiences want to show their love of cinema, and give the warmest welcome to the artists the festival invites.
Fantasia extends its thanks to its sponsors and media partners, for their efforts and support. The festival’s 20th edition benefitted from the contributions of 50 sponsor-partners, 15 media partners and over 130 advertisers.
Fantasia 2016 at a Glance
- Over 100,000 attendees (105,000 to be precise, making 2016 the seventh consecutive year that Fantasia has attracted over 100,000 spectators)
- Honorary Presidents of the 2016 Edition: the Roadkill Superstar collective (François Simard, Yohan-Karl and Anouk Whissell)
- More than 700 special guests, including 400 representatives of the international film industry (directors, producers, distributors, sales agents and buyers, etc.)
- More than 230 journalists and media representatives on site
- 148 feature films, more than 240 short films, 128 feature-film premieres including 35 world and international premieres, 13 thematic programs, 209 ticketed screenings and three outdoor public screenings, two in collaboration with the Just For Laughs Festival.
- Short and feature films from 43 countries across five continents
- The Fantasia: 20 Years of Art and Artists exhibition at la Cinémathèque Québécoise attracted close to 5000 visitors
- The opening film was KING DAVE by PODZ, and the closing films were DON’T BREATHE by Fede Alvarez and MON AMI DINO by Jimmy Larouche
- An immense number of special guests were present to celebrate the festival’s 20th anniversary, including the directors Guillermo Del Toro, Takashi Miike, Kevin Smith, Lloyd Kaufman, Kim Tae-gon, Adam Nimoy, PODZ (Daniel Grou) and Jean-Claude Lord, and actors such as Christopher Lloyd, Dee Wallace, Barbara Crampton, Roy Dupuis, Harley Quinn Smith and Anna Lynne McCord.
- 11 virtual reality films were available to the public during a four-day presentation produced in collaboration with Samsung and the Canadian Film Centre.
Board of Directors
Fantasia international film festival’s board of directors is comprised of the following eleven members:
- Pierre Corbeil
President and founder of Fantasia
- Marc Lamothe
Co-General Director of Fantasia
- François Lefebvre
Vice-President, Finance, Administration and Legal Affairs of Fantasia
- Dean Chenoy
Associate at Miller Thompson
- Stéphane Gilker
Associate at Fasken Martineau
- Éric Julien
Associate at Raymond Chabot Grant Thorton
- François Macerola
- André Picard
Director General, Creation and Innovation, National Film Board of Canada, and President of Fantasia’s board of directors
Director and screenwriter
- Nicole Robert
Producer at Go Films
- George Vacher
Businessman, former Deputy Minister of Tourisme Québec, and founder member of Air Transat A.T. Inc.
In 2017, the Fantasia international film festival will be presented mainly at Concordia University (Hall, J.A. De Sève and D.B. Clarke theatres).
Since the beginning of our partnership in 2003, Concordia University has already invested more than two million dollars to ensure projections of a unmatched quality in Montreal. We also organize indoor screenings at the Cinémathèque Québécoise
2016 Special Events
The Fantasia film festival offers an unprecedented promotional opportunity for reaching loyal, enthusiastic, educated adult consumers. This powerful and unique opportunity guarantees high visibility, not only among Fantasia’s large and sought-after audience but also through a targeted provincial and national advertising campaign.
- Logo placement on the cover of our program guides on sale across the province, notably through SuperClub Vidéotron and HMV
- Advertisements strategically placed in our program guide
- Your ad on our free complimentary DVD included with each program guide
- Commercials on our big screens before selected films
- Logo placement on our poster advertising campaign across downtown Montreal
- Visibility and links on our Web site
- VIP passes and tickets to Fantasia for your clients and/or employees
- Your logo on our eye-catching, full-colour banner, located in the centre of downtown Montreal
- The possibility of realizing promotional activities during the event.
In addition to the opportunity to sponsor the festival as a whole, it is possible to sponsor awards and special events, or even become the official presenter of one of the programming sections of the festival. For more information, please refer to our corporate brochure, a downloadable PDF (5.8 MB).
For more information
Fantasia International Film Festival
3450 St-Denis, suite 307
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Tel. : (514) 876-1760