Spend a fast-and-furious two hours with America’s drive-in movie critic as he uses over 200 clips and stills to review the history of rednecks in America as told through the classics of both grindhouse and mainstream movies. You will learn:
• The identity of the first redneck in history.
• The precise date the first redneck arrived in America.
• The most sacred redneck cinematic moments.
• How THUNDER ROAD, the Whiskey Rebellion, the tight cutoffs worn by Claudia Jennings in GATOR BAIT, illegal Coors beer, and the Cannonball Baker Sea-to-Shining-Sea Memorial Trophy Dash combined to inspire the greatest movie in the history of the world.
• Why the redneck is the scariest monster in all of film history, with visual evidence.
• The existential difference between FORREST GUMP and SLING BLADE.
• The reason God loves rednecks.
…and dozens of other historical facts that you didn’t realize you needed until Joe Bob deposited them in the rear lobe of your brain.
Rave Reviews from Our Redneck Brothers:
“Part history lesson, part clip show, and all entertaining, Joe Bob’s HOW REDNECKS SAVED HOLLYWOOD is the man wholly in his element: hilarious, insightful, and courageously plain spoken.” – Isaac Thorne, TENNESEE HORROR
“Briggs would probably blanch at the description, but the cult movie enthusiast, humorist and media personality is above all an astute social critic. All his wit, politically incorrect quips and keen insight into Americans — particularly Americans who reside south of the Mason-Dixon line — was running full throttle when HOW REDNECKS SAVED HOLLYWOOD, Joe Bob’s freewheeling comedic history lesson peppered with exploitation and mainstream movie clips, kicked some serious ass with a sellout crowd at the Back Alley Film Series and Charlotte Film Society’s presentation at C3 Lab Saturday night. [HOW REDNECKS SAVED HOLLYWOOD is]…a rollicking yet well-researched history of the origin of rednecks and our culture’s love-hate affair with them.” – Pat Moran, QUEEN CITY NERVE
“Having the opportunity to witness the South by Southwest premiere for HOW REDNECKS SAVED HOLLYWOOD, I can attest that Joe Bob's thesis is far better than any TED Talk you'll ever see.” – Jeremy Dick, MOVIEWEB.COM
“Joe Bob is the Henri Langlois of exploitation films. He’s already a cinema saint, and if I were you, I’d pray for his guidance.” – John Waters