Responsibilities (will include but not be limited to):
- Assists the Production Director in planning and managing the set up of the festival site, offices and special events (this includes floorplans, lists of rentals and purchases, organizing pick up, deliveries, set up, etc.);
- In close communication with all departments to insure the above-mentioned plans meet everyone’s needs;
- Manages a small team of assistants and volunteers in pre-production;
- With help from our IT person, will be responsible for some technical set up tasks, such as the screening room, internet connections, set up of printers and assigning the festival’s computers / electronic devices to the people in need.
- Organizes a variety of festival special events:
- Writes and submits alcohol waivers for all festival’s special events;
- Plans the catering and amount of drinks needed;
- Lists furniture needs in advance and plans the set up and cleaning of spaces;
- Writes a rundown of each event to ensure it will run smoothly and without any security issues;
- Is present on site for all the special events.
- Multiple experiences in events management and production;
- Detail oriented with strong communicational and organizational skills;
- Capacity to lift moderately heavy objects (i.e. you should not have any back problems)
- Ability and ease with manual labor (an asset)
- Have a driver’s license (non-mandatory, but a noticeable asset)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
- Bilingual written and spoken French AND English is essential;
- Familiarity with the film festival environment;
- Ability to work well both independently and in a fast-paced team environment;
- Ability to adapt to a demanding work schedule, including evenings and week-ends;
- Owns a cellphone;
- Owns a portable computer OR be comfortable using a Chromebook computer;
- Interest and knowledge of film, especially genre film (horror/sci-fi/cult) considered an asset.
Contract Dates: Mid May to August 8th
Contact: Marie-Jade Lemonde - firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by: May 10th 2019